Follow us on :

This project is funded by
the European Union

You are here

General description

The project Facility for Regional Policy Dialogue on Integrated Maritime Policy / Climate Change, led by Atkins, was launched in Feburary 2016 by DGNEAR and DGMARE. The project aims to enhance sectorial and cross-sectorial regional co-operation through policy dialogue and the exchange of best practices with existing networks of stakeholders in the Southern Neighborhood. The contract is split in to two Components, Integrated Maritime Policy and Blue Economy (this accounts for approximatly 65% of the contract) and Climate Change (accounts for the remaining 35% of the contract).

The project is primarily supporting the ENI South Partner Countries of Algeria, Egypt, Israel, Jordan, Lebanon, Morocco, Palestine, Tunisia. In some instances, the contract is able to extend invitations to specific regional events to Albania, Bosnia-Herzegovina, Montenegro, Mauritania, Turkey.

The purpose of this project is to strengthen regional frameworks for policy dialogue and the sharing of experience on Integrated Maritime Policy (IMP) and Blue Economy (BE), among beneficiary countries, the UfM and with the European Union, in the Mediterranean context.

As a seperate component of the contract, the project also provides ongoing support and assistance to the UfM Climate Change Expert Group and other Climate Change initiatives such as the ClimaSouth, CES-MED and SUDEP contracts. Currently the project is engaged in a number of climate finance studies and previously supported DG NEAR at COP22 by organising a side event to publicise their support to climate change in the ENI South region.